How to set up a webhook in GitHub
Every GitHub repository has the option to post an HTTP request to a web server whenever an issue changes its state. These webhooks can be used to update the status of the corresponding crash group automatically.
Follow these steps to set up the webhook:
- Click on your app on the Dashboard, then on Manage App > Bug Tracker.
- If not already done, configure your GitHub account.
- After successfully authenticating against GitHub, copy the webhook URL from the HockeyApp page for GitHub settings to your clipboard.
- Sign in, then select the related repository you own.
- Click on "Settings" on the right panel.
- Then click on "Webhooks & Services" on the left panel.
- Click on the "Add WebHook" Button.
- Paste the copied URL in the URL form field.
- Select "application/json" as the content type.
- Select "Let me select individual events" and check "Issues".
- Leave the "Active" checkbox checked.
- Click on "Add webhook" to save the webhook.
Your configuration should look similar to this screenshot: