HockeyApp vs app store

Khushboo Singal

14 Sep, 2017 04:26 AM

Hi

I want to distribute my app and before doing that i have following questions about it:

1.Do i need to buy Apple's developers account to use HockeyApp to distribute my app to specific group of users?
2.Additionally, i would like to know why should i use Hockey App over apple's enterperise membership account to distribute my app to specific group of users?

I would appreciate your help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by JasonPann on 14 Sep, 2017 07:37 AM

Hi,

>>Do i need to buy Apple's developers account to use HockeyApp to distribute my app to specific group of users?

Yes, you should be enrolled in Apple Developer Program so that you can sign the app.

>>Additionally, i would like to know why should i use Hockey App over apple's enterperise membership account to distribute my app to specific group of users?

HockeyApp can help you to distribute beta apps to users and testers. But first You need to sign the app so that you could test or run app on a real devices(Without it you could only run on a simulator). In addition, you can enroll as ‘Individual’ or ‘Organization’, you could refer Apple to get more info: https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/ .

Best Regards,
    Jason

2. 2 Posted by Khushboo Singal on 14 Sep, 2017 03:43 PM

Hi Jason

Thank you for the information.But still i am bit confused, it would be helpful if you can answer my below question:

What is the difference between these 2 scenarios and which one should i go for :

Scenario one- Buying apple’s “individual” developer account and using HockeyApp to distribute my beta app within my company.

Scenario two- Buying apple’s “enterprise” developer account to distribute my beta app within my company.

Also, does HockeyApp going to review my beta app before letting me distribute it ?

Regards
    Khushboo

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by JasonPann on 15 Sep, 2017 06:41 AM

Hi,

In my opinion, regarding distribute apps to users:

• User limit: In scenario one you have 100 devices limitation due to Apple policy, in scenario two you don’t have the limitation.

• Install ways: In scenario one you need to add these devices UDID manually in Apple’s site so that tester can install, in scenario two testers only need to trust your enterprise profile then they can install your app.

• Distribute ways: In scenario one you could distribute your app with many features HockeyApp provided: Invite Testers, Manage users and builds

>> Also, does HockeyApp going to review my beta app before letting me distribute it ?

No, HockeyApp wont review your app.

Best Regards,
    Jason

4. 4 Posted by Khushboo Singal on 15 Sep, 2017 07:37 AM

Thank you for answering my question, Jason. Well explained, this was what i was looking for.

Regards
    Khushboo

5. Wei Wang closed this discussion on 15 Sep, 2017 08:22 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac