Referencing and annotation crashes

Joseph Martinez

16 Feb, 2017 05:50 PM

Often, I have several very similar-looking crashes (based on the Description field) in the crash list. However, once you look more closely at them, they are really separate issues, which HockeyApp correctly considers different crashes.

The problem is that I have trouble distinguishing one crash from another when looking at the list, without clicking on each one, as shown in the attached screenshot.

A related issue is that when these crashes are sent to my bug tracker (VSTS), they also all look the same, and it makes it very tedious to figure out which bug in VSTS goes with which crash in HockeyApp.

In VSTS, I can edit the bug description to put something distinctive at the beginning of the description, but I don't seem to be able to do that in HockeyApp, so it is only half of the solution. I know that I can add an annotation to each crash, but the annotation text is not shown in the crash list. There is only a flag icon, and you have to hover over each one to see the annotation.

Is there any way to do any of the following?:

1) Add the annotation as a column in the crash list
2) Edit the crash description to add something distinctive
3) See some kind of reference number for each crash in the crash list, which I could at least reference in the bug tracker

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Andreas Linde on 16 Feb, 2017 06:15 PM

Hi,

I already answered to your second ticket: https://support.hockeyapp.net/discussions/problems/69437-manually-l...

Regarding the bug tracker integration: you can change the ticket content if you create the ticket manually and not automatically for each crash group. I think also the proper solution here is to check if we can improve grouping as suggested in the other linked ticket.

I will close this one here.

Best,
    Andreas

2. Andreas Linde closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2017 06:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac