Bundle version not matching between app and symbols

Matt Aimonetti

02 Dec, 2013 08:46 PM

I have a bit of an issue due to the fact that I set the bundle version during the build phase by updating the plist with a formatted date string.
The issue is that the symbols are being exported with the bundle version and therefore my app file and the symbols don't match.
Bugsnag doesn't seem to care but HockeyApp and it doesn't let me attach the symbols.

Is there a way to force the upload or work around this automatic naming of bundle versions?

Thanks,

• Matt
  1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Thomas Dohmke on 02 Dec, 2013 09:22 PM

Hi Matt,

Our code does validate that CFBundleVersion in the Info.plist of the .app equals CFBundleVersion in the Info.plist of the .dSYM. I guess Bugsnag doesn't care because they don't let you upload builds?

Anyway, possible workarounds on your end would be:

1. Modify the Info.plist inside your Xcode project, not the one inside the build result. Then Xcode should set the right value for both .app and .dSYM. This tutorial explains how to do this with an .xcconfig file (so you could add it to your .gitignore if you don't want a dirty repo afterwards).

2. Modify your script to set CFBundleVersion for both the Info.plist of the .app and of the .dSYM.

3. Add a post-build action that syncs CFBundleVersion from the .app to the .dSYM.

Do you upload builds through our API? If yes, we could also add a param to skip the validation. Just let me know.

Best,

Thomas

2. 2 Posted by Matt Aimonetti on 02 Dec, 2013 10:36 PM

Thanks Thomas, that did it. I ended up editing the Info.plist file from the .dSYM package and everything works well now.

For those interested, the dsym info file can be found there accessed programmatically this way: dsyminfo="$BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR/$PRODUCT_NAME.app.dSYM/Contents/info.plist"

3. Matt Aimonetti closed this discussion on 02 Dec, 2013 10:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac